Stop Us Not
Listening to Afasi & Filthy while waiting for Weezy
While counting down the days until Lil Wayne drops “Tha Carter III” , I’m quenching my thirst for Southern-sounding hiphop with Swedish duo Afasi & Filthy. They’re from Uppsala (north of Stockholm), Afasi is the rapper and Filthy the producer and their debut album “Fläcken” came out earlier this month. They’ve been around for a while releasing singles, mixtapes, producing (last year Filthy produced the amazing “Vad e det för mode” by Ison & Fille), doing remixes, etc, although for some reason they haven’t done a “proper” album until now. “Fläcken” is quite nice, I like three quarters of it, and love one quarter of it. There are some too reggae sounding songs on it that I tend to skip, but Afasi’s got a good flow and the beats are better than average. “Jobb” and “Benen på ryggen” (with Looptroop Rocker’s Promoe doing a magnificent verse) are my favourite songs on the album. I think I might go back to them in the future but perhaps not to the whole album. Listen below! Oh yeah, they rap in Swedish, by the way.

Afasi & Filthy – Jobb

Afasi & Filthy – Benen på ryggen (f/ Promoe)

/S

Labels:

By Stop Us Not
On 29 April 2008
At 1:44 pm
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Cornify