Stop Us Not
Camden Crawl - Pacific! - Live review

Another Camden Crawl - another rubbish experience. I got to Camden around 8:00 pm, went to get my wristband, then headed off for some gigs! Oh, how very exciting! Thought I’d go and see thecocknbullkid first at a place on Parkway – massive queue! Headed over to Cuban Bar where Skepta was meant to play, only to found out he hadn’t turn up! Ho hum! Walked to Dingwalls where The Bookhouse Boys were performing – massive queue! So, instead of watching a gig I went to the Camden Tup where Pacific! where meant to perform in 45 minutes. I drank a couple of pints and read the paper I bought earlier. Naturally I wasn’t in the best of my when the band started playing. Oh yeah, the girl I was meant to go with couldn’t make it either because she was “sick” (hungover, I suspect) and then all my other friends went on the Friday, except for a colleague who couldn’t make it because she drank too much booze the night before (what's up with people?). Luckily Pacific! put on a marvellous show. If I was drunker and in a better mood, I might have enjoyed it way more, and perhaps I’d done a little jig. Now I just nodded my head, and swayed a bit side to side. The best songs were their best songs (this is usually the case with gigs, right?) – ie “Sunset Blvd”, “Hot lips”, “Number one” etc. I’m not too keen on their more instrumental tracks. I filmed them playing “Number one”, so enjoy that below. They weren't too animated while performing, but the singer (who doesn’t look a look like Vernon Kaye in real life) did a little guitar thing (watch the video!), and both of them were very good at tapping their feet. After the gig I realised it was 30 minutes until the next one (Slow club, which I probably wouldn’t have been able to get in to) so I decided to buy some Ben & Jerry’s and head home to watch some “Battlestar Galactica”. Go Kat! Boo Starbuck!

/S


Labels:

By Stop Us Not
On 20 April 2008
At 4:29 pm
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Cornify