Stop Us Not
Damn!
I just noticed that Montt Mardié (real name: David Pagmar) played in London yesterday! Yipes! He supported Lucky Soul (a poor man’s The Pipettes, if you ask me), for some reason, at London Astoria 2. I wish I’d know this earlier! I would have gone to check him out, then left (I’ve seen Lucky Soul before, once was enough. Brrr). Montt Mardié came to my attention a few years ago when I heard his amazing “Huckleberry Friend” (listen to it below). His debut album “Drama” was pretty good, but last year’s double CD (with the first CD having lots of strings on it, and the second consisting of collaborations with other artists, such as Jens Lekman, The Legends etc) was more ambitious than it was good. I bought it, listened to it about three times, then I got terribly bored. My interest in Mr. Pagmar re-ignited towards the end of last year when he released an amazing (not ironic!) cover of Rihanna’s “Umbrella” sung in Swedish (Owen wrote about it here). I haven’t seen him live yet though, so that would have pretty rad! Oh well, perhaps he’ll come back one day and he'll sing "Paraply" and I feel sad while sipping on a Guinness.

Montt Mardie – Huckleberry friend
Montt Mardie – Paraply

/S

Labels:

By Stop Us Not
On 18 April 2008
At 6:00 pm
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Cornify