Stop Us Not
The Hives are here, quite soon!
The Hives are not only releasing their last album in the states today (hopefully it'll do a bit better than it did in the UK), but they're also coming to the UK next week to do some shows:

22 November 2007 – Glasgow, ABC

23 November 2007 - London, Hammersmith Apollo

24 November 2007 - Manchester, Apollo

25 November 2007 - Birmingham, Academy



The Hives - back in the good old days!

I’m going to try and and see their London show. Although I’ve seen them way too many times, so I'm not too hyped up. First time was in a small tent at a tiny festival about 10 years ago (I was a pretty big Burning Heart Records fan at that time), last time was in Gothenburg earlier this year at the Way Out West festival (I also saw them do a quite bloody show at Notting Hill Arts Club about 7 years ago). Yeah, I really used to love them but lost interest after “Tyrannosaurus Hives”, which was a bit of a belly-flop of an album, so naturally I didn’t have too high hopes for their latest offering, but “The black and white album” has surprised me quite a bit – some if it is pretty damn good! The best stuff on it are the straightforward rock’n’roll songs that sometimes sound a bit like Randy (hooray!). “You dress up for Armageddon” is a good example of this, it’s a killer – a killer! Listen to it, it’ll make you nod your head and do a shuffle perhaps (if the boss isn’t around), I bet! They've always been a laugh live though, or at least they used to be, there’s been something quite cartoony over them lately. Hm, let me come back regarding whether they’re still good live in a week and a half. With the aid of some dancing shoes on my feet and some beers in my stomach, I’m sure it’ll be a great show.

The Hives – You dress up for for Armageddon

/S

Labels:

By Stop Us Not
On 13 November 2007
At 5:16 pm
Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Cornify