Stop Us Not
We all fall in love in the end

With Halloween only a day away it's time to look forward to winter. Only today I found myself unconsciously whistling "Troika" by Prokofiev which for me is just about the most Christmas-y piece of music ever written.

However there is one thing that is making me look past Christmas and into 2008. One of my favourite Swedish songs from the last few years has been "Bellystings & Sunshowers" by The Second Band.

I normally fall in love with a song in about the first 5 seconds and so opening lines for me can make or break a song.


The opening lines to this track are so simple yet are incredibly emotive:

There goes my crush
with a crush on a boy
with a crush on a girl
with a crush on a boy
with a crush on a girl
with a crush on a boy
with a crush on himself

I dunno, when I type it out like that it doesn't do it justice. Listen to the song at the end of this post. Trust me... it's stunning.

Anyway since then they've consistantly put out amazing records and I just read that they've got a new album coming out in January. Keep your ears to the ground and your eyes to the stars... I can't wait!

Anyway, here is "Bellystings & Sunshowers" to keep you going until January:

The Second Band - "Bellystings & Sunshowers"

/O

Labels:

By Stop Us Not
On 30 October 2007
At 12:27 am
Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Cornify