Stop Us Not
The Sound of Arrows - the second chance!
I'm a big fan of Swedish record label Labrador (home to Radio Dept., Suburban Kids with Biblical Names etc) and when they about 11 months ago revealed new signings The Sound of Arrows I was very excited (we wrote about them here and here). Unfortunately I found TSOA's first release "Danger!" rather underwhelming. Now they're back with a new EP and the title song from it is a real corker! The verse sounds like Pet Shop Boys and they use a children choir (I think!) for the chorus - can it get any better? Anyway, listen below and order the EP here. M.A.G.I.C! If this would have been Sweden's entry to the Eurovision 2009 TSOA could have become the new Abba. Now we just need to get Jo Whiley to hear this song so she can turn them into superstars! Or should that be "now we just need their label to pay Jo Whiley a lot of money so she can play it"? I'm not sure how these radio promotion things work. A good song is a good song, right? If I was a radio plugger I'd call "M.A.G.I.C. a twee version of Justice's 'D.A.N.C.E.'", I'm sure that would get the job done.

MP3: The Sound of Arrows - M.A.G.I.C.

/S

Labels:

By Stop Us Not
On 30 January 2009
At 10:00 am
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Cornify