Stop Us Not
Frida Hyvönen + Marit Bergman = Good Stuff

Two weeks ago the record label Licking Fingers announced that Frida Hyvönen will be releasing a new album called "Silence Is Wild" on October 29 (in Scandinavia). It will also be released on Secretly Canadian (in the US) on November 4. I love Frida Hyvönen’s last 1½ albums, and judging by the first song released from the album (download it below) and her performance at the Way Out West festival – we’re in for another treat! Hopefully it will be better than El Perro Del Mar’s latest album, and I think I might even like it more than the Lykke Li album. The album is also produced by Jari Haapalainen (from Bear Quartet) who have turned into one of Sweden’s great indie producers, alongside one of the blokes from Peter, Bjorn and John.


Frida Hyvönen – Enemy within (mp3)


Speaking of Swedish female artists, and Friday Hyvönen. One veteran in the game is Marit Bergman who’s been around for a few years (I wrote about her previously here). Earlier this year Bergman started a web subscription service where she posts a new song once a month (together with blog posts etc). Last week she posted a duet with Frida Hyvönen. I’m paying to download these songs and in the interest of Marit Bergman (and being legal) I won’t make the song available for download, but I found a place where you can listen to the song streaming online. It’s a great little track, all in classic Marit Bergman style. Bergman and Hyvönen’s voices really compliment each other, and I hope they do more duets in the future. Actually, I hope they both decide to come to the UK and play soon! If you like the track you should sign up to Marit Bergman's subscription thingie, it was pretty cheap I think.


Marit Bergman f/ Frida Hyvönen - Travelling Companion (streaming)



/S

Labels: ,

By Stop Us Not
On 1 September 2008
At 5:20 pm
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Cornify