Stop Us Not
You bet it Sounds Like Violence in London in October!
Ok, so I haven't written anything here for a week. Not because I've been lazy (no way, José!) but because there haven't been anything really interesting to write about. The Swedish UK invasion seems to have taken a bit of holiday! Now things are starting to happen again (phew!). Sweden's best (currently operating) rock band are coming to London for a couple of shows. I'm of course talking about Sounds Like Violence! Sounds Like Violence consist of 3/4 the same members as the migty Niccokick (who I wrote about here), but have a heavier and more punk-like sound. I remember buying the first SLV EP "The Pistol" that came out on Deep Elm in 2004 and loving it like crazy, but then I had to wait bloody 3 years for the album to come out! Argh! Fortunately it looks like the wait for the new album won't be that long. Oh yeah, last year's album "With blood on my hands" was great, but it somehow disappeared and SLV didn't become the behemoths of rock that they deserved to be. I would strongly urge you to see them when they come over in October, because when I saw them at Borderline last time around they were here, it was so good I almost wept.

Tuesday 14 October 2008 – London – Water Rats
Wednesday 15 October 2008 – London – Buffalo Bar

Sounds like Violence - Cold Cold Blood (mp3)

/S

Update: If you live in the UK, you can get their album very cheap here.

Labels:

By Stop Us Not
On 20 August 2008
At 5:58 pm
3 Comments:
  • At 1:25 pm, Blogger Gorian Dope said…

    Yeah I agree, I saw them this April in Cologne and those dudes rocked hard! And they are also much more talktative compared with three years ago. Have a good time at the upcoming SLV show.

     
  • At 1:30 pm, Blogger Gorian Dope said…

    ....and you are echoed in your wonder of why they havent it hit big so far. I myself cannot understand as well and this is frustrating, to say it mildly. I firstly saw them in early 2005 and thought their media-explosion was tick-tacking. Never happened! Something or someone must have been seriously screwed I guess.

     
  • At 6:20 pm, Blogger Stop Us Not said…

    Maybe they'll make an utterly astonishing album next year and become as big as Foo Fighters. One can dream...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Cornify