Stop Us Not
The Deer Tracks playing London tomorrow and Wednesday
Hailing from north Sweden (Gävle is the name of the place to be precise - about 70,000 is the number of inhabitans there - so a bit bigger than Hereford but smaller than Lincoln), The Deer Tracks are coming all the way to London this week to play a couple of shows. Good on them for ignoring any possible fears of travelling a long way (21 hours by car according to Google)! The music is electronic, a bit shoegazey, and a bit Stina Nordenstam-like. Unfortunately I'm busy doing some other stuff so I'll miss both of their gigs, but if I could change my plans so I'd be able to go and see them I would, because judging from the songs on their Myspace, it sounds like they're a pretty decent band. It'd also be interesting to see if they manage to play a gig that's not boring - it takes a lot of talent to pull off their kind of music live. The photos of the band make them look like some kind of goth punk band from Camden, but don't let that fool you - it's slow stuff we're dealing with here. Slower than anything you'd ever heard before! No, not that slow, but slow. The gigs details are:

Tuesday 9 September 2008 - CMU Social, 299, London (info)
Wednesday 10 September 2008 - Metro, London (info)

The Deer Tracks - Slow Collision (MP3)

/S

Labels:

By Stop Us Not
On 8 September 2008
At 4:42 pm
1 Comments:
  • At 9:30 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    They really rocked the Hultsfred festival this year, and since you're missing out on them I'd though I'd send you links to two live in studio clips from national Swedish TV...

    Slow Collision:
    http://anytime.tv4.se/webtv/?progId=650765

    127SexFyra:
    http://anytime.tv4.se/webtv/?progId=650705

    I hope you like em'
    Let me know if you'd like more material about/from them.

    Best regards

    Carl-Marcus Gidlöf
    Despotz Records

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Cornify