Stop Us Not
Jens Lekman's got trolls in his teeth!
I’m crazy excited about seeing Jens Lekman tonight! I saw him do a show a few months ago as support to Josh Rouse and it was just depressing, the audience talked (loudly) throughout the whole gig. He played The Luminaire a few days after that show, but I didn’t get a ticket in time (tonight's show is sold out, but I'm sorted!). I also saw him at SXSW, but I haven’t seen him do his own proper (non-festival/support) show for some time. There’s no way he can fail, right? Scala is a decent venue, it’s usually easy to get a spot where you can see ok in there. Expensive beer though! Like £5 for a can of disgusting Red Stripe. I don’t want to get too drunk tonight though, there are a lot of gigs this week to go to. I hope he doesn’t play only instrumental songs or something, if he did that I might have to throw a Red Stripe can on him (that is, if I buy one). No, I won't throw any cans, at least not at Jens Lekman. To get in the right mood for the evening, I’m listening to some Lekman tracks. Below you can check out some rare, live and classic tunes that you should dedicate your ears to if you want your ear trolls (they’re the dental trolls’ cousins, all Swedish people have got dental trolls) to have a party. Jens Lekman! Jens Lekman! Jens Lekman! (they, ie the ear trolls, will shout after a couple of songs)

Jens Lekman – Do you remember the riots? (acapella / live) (mp3)

Jens Lekman – They should have given you the Oscar (James Darren cover / live) (mp3)


Jens Lekman – I don’t know if she’s worth 900 kr (mp3)


Jens Lekman – The opposite of hallelujah (mp3)


Jens Lekman – Sky phenomenon (mp3)


Jens Lekman – Jag tyckte hon sa lönnlöv (mp3)


Jens Lekman – Black cab (mp3)


Jens Lekman – Julie (mp3)


Jens Lekman – Friday night at the drive-in bingo (mp3)


Jens Lekman – Are birthdays happy? (mp3)


Jens Lekman – Do you remember the riots (orchestral version) (mp3)


Jens Lekman – If you were the topic on Jeopardy (mp3)


Jens Lekman – People who hate people (mp3)

Jens Lekman – If you ever need a stranger (mp3)

/S

PS: Oh dear. Just read this on Lekman's blog (written 17 May):
"I just can't pull it off. I just can't glue that fake smile to my face and go out there, it makes me feel like a fraud. I've really been struggling with tricking myself into being excited for every show." Pull yourself together, Jens! Please!

Labels:

By Stop Us Not
On 20 May 2008
At 1:53 pm
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Cornify