Stop Us Not
The Radio Dept. are back! Who cares? I do! A bit.
Sunshine! Sunshine! Sunshine! Let’s celebrate it with a new song by depressive shoegazers The Radio Dept. Yay! I used to love them, but I was nonplussed by their second album “Pet grief”. Now they’re back, and pissed off! New album “Clinging to a scheme” will be out on 10th September, but before that they’ve got a three track CD single out on 4th June called “Freddie and the Trojan horse”, which I believe is about Sweden’s right wing Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt (not a song of praise, I suspect). It’s an ok track, but it hasn’t really grabbed me yet like those early The Radio Dept. songs did. But I'm starting to get into it, slowly. They used to be one of Sweden's best band, you know! Listen below.


The Radio Dept. – Freddie and the Trojan horse (mp3)

/S

PS: Lovely album art... I hope that's how all you people who haven't got daytime office jobs and thus have been able to enjoy the sun today feel now!!!

Labels:

By Stop Us Not
On 6 May 2008
At 3:45 pm
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Cornify