Stop Us Not
Björn & Benny, Agnetha & Frida
The wait is over! Last week the feel-good hit of the summer “Mamma Mia!” came to the UK and it now rules the box office. I actually went to see the musical many years ago with my two sisters. They loved it, I hated it. I loathe musicals (there are some exceptions such as “Dancer in the dark”), but what’s new? How many people do really like musicals? No one I know (family excluded, my sister for example loves "Sound of music") do. I once lived with a girl who annoyed me and my friend (and other roommate) to quite some extent by walking around singing songs from musicals all the time. She had no interest in music really, she just liked showing off (and singing, to be fair to her). I think she now works as a musical artist, on some ferry somewhere. All the best to her. My mother saw “Mamma Mia!” last Sunday and according to her it’s “fantastic” and she has been urging me to go and see it ever since. Sorry mum, but I’m afraid I’m staying home for this one. I grew up hating ABBA but I’ve started liking them a bit more in the last couple of years. I mean, they wrote some pretty killer melodies, right? Here’s a good song from their first album “Ring Ring” (from when they weren’t called ABBA but Björn & Benny, Agnetha & Frida) that you might not have heard.

ABBA – I saw it in the mirror (mp3)

/S

Labels:

By Stop Us Not
On 15 July 2008
At 1:45 pm
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Cornify