Stop Us Not
Fantastic live news! You bet!
On 11 January, after hearing “Young love”, I wrote about Moto Boy’s upcoming album that I hoped it’d “be the first great album of 2008”. And guess what? My wish was fulfilled! It really is one of the best albums of this year. Buy it! It’s fantastic and worth every penny spent on it. It's a bit like Antony & the Johnsons or Rufus Wainwright, with lovely melodies and such a warmth throughout all the 11 songs that it will make you not want to listen to anything else until summer starts, when you can start to listen to happier tracks during the day and leave Moto Boy for all evenings and rainy days (guess that’ll be almost every day then, except when you go away on holiday in Costa Rica). Also, here are some great news – Moto Boy is coming to the UK for three shows in May! They’re unfortunately all London shows, but if you live near London I bet it’ll be worth the £10 you’ll spend on a train ticket to come and see him. I’ve never seen him live myself, but judging from the clips on youtube, it’s going to be amazing. I believe it’ll just be him and an electric guitar. That’ll do for me. Goddamn, I'm looking forward to these dates so much I feel like Cartman waiting for the Wii to be released. Don't forget to bring a hankie (or a towel).

Friday 23 May 2008 – Monto Water Rats, London
Saturday 24 May 2008 – The Barfly, Camden, London
Sunday 25 May 2008 – Monto Water Rats, London

Moto Boy – Blue Motorbike

/S

Labels:

By Stop Us Not
On 6 April 2008
At 3:33 pm
1 Comments:
  • At 9:19 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Was a piece on him the other night here in Sweden and they showed some bits from him performing live with just an electric guitar and I second you one have to buy his record.

    Gandalf

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Cornify