Stop Us Not
Sweden’s M.I.A?
It’s C.L.E.O! Or Cleo as she seems to prefer to be called. Now when the US have their own M.I.A. in the shape of the superhyped-but-not-that-great Santogold I felt that it was time for Sweden to step forward and claim their own heir to the eclectic electrorap throne. Joking aside, Cleo is Natalie Missaoui who lives on a farm on an island west of Stockholm. That she’s a farmer / hippie you can kind of see on photos like this (I can't see any incense or Indian tourist guidies though, they must be under a pillow). It’s a bit grating in places with some silly lyrics and patios nonsense, but I kind of like it – it’s quite affable! I wouldn’t mind hearing “Witness the empress” while out in a bar, after a few sour apple shots (always my drink of choice of course).

Cleo – Witness the empress (mp3)
Cleo – Table has turned (mp3)

/S

Labels:

By Stop Us Not
On 30 May 2008
At 5:28 pm
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Cornify