Stop Us Not
SXSW - Day #1 - The Tough Alliance - live review
Just finished watching The Tough Alliance do a show at Karma Lounge, Austin at SXSW. They did about 4-5 songs. Last and first time I saw them, I hated it. That was about 4 years ago. This time I was almost falling asleep before the gig and ordered a shot of whiskey, as a pick-me-up. Instead of a shot, I got a glass (it was only $6 though - thank you bartender and weak dollar). This might have helped me appreciate TTA’s somewhat theatrical and absurd antics a bit more. I love their songs to death, but the whole karaoke is just so off-putting. The 20-30 people there watching the gig seemed to enjoy it though. Lucky bastards! The show was just stupid, I just don't get it. At stages it was quite disturbing, like when one of the guys do his "scarecrow pose". Oh well, you can't have it all, I guess.

The Tough Alliance – First class riot

/S

Labels: ,

By Stop Us Not
On 13 March 2008
At 7:25 am
2 Comments:
  • At 10:05 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    maybe you should do some research into why they perform? and why they do it the way they do.

     
  • At 9:29 am, Blogger Stop Us Not said…

    Sorry, but when I go to a gig I want a gig, and not an art happening. They're rubbish live, but maybe you can appreciate it out of some pretentious perspective if you are so inclined.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Cornify