Stop Us Not
Sweden's king of twee - Pelle Carlberg - is coming to the UK.
I know a bunch of people who find Pelle Carlberg incredibly annoying, and I can sort of understand why they feel this way. For example, the spoken word segment of the song "1983" from his latest album (listen / download below) is just really cringeworthy. There are usually about 3-4 very good songs on each of his albums. He's incredibly twee but also a bit smug at the same time, which appeals to me. I guess that's what great twee music is all about - cute music with "subversive" lyrics (like Belle & Sebastian or in an extreme instance - Cars can be blue). Anyway, he's coming to the UK in the beginning of next month and if you're into melodic twee with clever lyrics I think you should check him out. He puts on a good show so if it's cold and raining, like it is now, his music might be able to pick you up. I'm not sure at the moment if I'll be able to make it down to his Brixton show, but I'll certainly try.

1 Nov 2008 - Westgarth Social Club, Middlesbrough
2 Nov 2008 - Head of Steam, Newcastle
3 Nov 2008 - Deaf Institute, Manchester
4 Nov 2008 - UWIC Howard Gardens, Cardiff
5 Nov 2008 - Bristol Cooler, Bristol
6 Nov 2008 - Brixton Windmill, London

Pelle Carlberg - 1983 (Pelle & Sebastian) (mp3)

/S

Labels:

By Stop Us Not
On 20 October 2008
At 4:45 pm
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Cornify